Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 4 von 4 « Erste 1234
Ergebnis 61 bis 78 von 78
  1. #61 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von RobinHood 13.
    What I like in the two first gothics is timing your attacks.
    When making an attack right after another you gotta time it correctly.
    Pushing to early will make you stop and the next attack takes longer time.
    I don't want complex combos of arrow directions, but some simple combos/ moves
    that relies on your timing. Also monsters attacks should have an influence to this, and monsters vary their tactics, as the problems in G2 is it's simply to learn their pattern. Also multi combat in the first two are bad. I would like a combat system where your player didn't autofocus. You must stand in the correct direction, and everything in your swing radius will get hurt, but if possible, make it slow down on impact and if the sword will touch alot of the enemies body then stop, so still only one might get hurt.

Some types of tactics is better in 1vs1 while others are better used against groups.
    Kinda like witcher, with assassin's creed in it.
    You hold in a button to commit high profile attacks, but in Risen:
    You hold a button to do group attacks and one for execution/high dmg moves.

You're facing 3 guys, you use a group attack that swings and they withdraw a little and now more separated from each other. Next you're running at the one in the middle, delivering a fatal stab wound. The two others come and kill you as the stabbin occupies to much time for them being so close.

Anyways, another problem in G2. Blocking attacks while withdrawing. You can block any attack if you time correctly, but you can't have a block stance when walking. Like facing the opponent and walking backwards. Also running and hitting is non existent in G3 and important.

Dunno how it's done. Hope it's good, and I'm quite sure it can be better than the way I said. Just didn't come up with any brighter ideas.
    RobinHood 13. ist offline

2. #62 Zitieren
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Danutz_plusplus
    What I'd like a lot is to have certain enemies in the game that you're just frikkin afraid to face, especially at lower levels. Like the orcs in G1 or the Wargs in G2. And the combat system should allow people that have really mastered the system to have a chance at beating those enemies, but it should be really hard, and one mistake should cost them their life.
    Danutz_plusplus ist offline

3. #63 Zitieren
    Warrior
    Zitat Zitat von Demonium Beitrag anzeigen
    By the way the Rise of the Argonauts game rocks...and so the fighting system...the camera sucks though and the controls are for console, but the fighting is cool and there is gore...
    Are you serious? That game is all about brainless button smashing. You can kill anybody by just clicking the left mouse, absolutely no need for combos or parrying. And I'm not really sure, if you could ever die, no healthbar or anything.
    rotator ist offline

4. #64 Zitieren
    Knight Commander Avatar von Demonium
    Zitat Zitat von rotator Beitrag anzeigen
    Are you serious? That game is all about brainless button smashing. You can kill anybody by just clicking the left mouse, absolutely no need for combos or parrying. And I'm not really sure, if you could ever die, no healthbar or anything.
    I was referring to he combos/animations that are cool and hitting with the shield is a cool element as well...The rest yes...I said that its a console game. Brainless button smashing...
    Demonium ist offline

5. #65 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von RobinHood 13.
    Important is animations change as you become more skilled like in the previous gothics.
    Two-handed master was alot better than fighter, that again was alot better than rookie.
    Drawback was the combatants AI, and limitations to attacks you can use. It was simple to learn how they fought and adapt to that. Only master style was not so easy to learn their moves. Especially two-hander as they could attack double or single.
    RobinHood 13. ist offline

6. #66 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von Colton
    Hi. new in risen forum.. but after reading a lot.. I think I'll stay here for a while.. But my opinion.. is Uptated G1,2 fighting system would be my choise..
    Colton ist offline

7. #67 Zitieren
    Adventurer Avatar von dangerousdave
    I was thinking, Gothic 1, 2 combat is great and challenging but problem comes when fighting multiple enemies and there should also be fast/slow types of attack other than choosing directions. And another example of good combat is Mount & Blade especially mounted combat, would like to see something like that in Risen.
    dangerousdave ist offline

8. #68 Zitieren
    Rookie
    As I read trough this thread. All been discussed was the fighting system based on g1&g2 plus enhancement. But we must never forget that now the game Risen will be released not just for PC but for consoles as well. I just got this feeling that the fighting system would change a lot from g1&g2 and will have a mix of console like hack and slash style. If it turns out to be something more like fable fighting system what would you guys think?

To me I like the Severance Blade of darkness fighting system and Oni ,it is best applied for both PC and console. Oni is good becoz it does not require player to lock on enemies.This is the sample of the game fighting system

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f1MRk1E4hk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od36N...eature=related

I hope the third person camera of Risen doesn't get too consolish, example the camera doesn't always follow behind player character like prince of persia, soul reaver. I really hate that. I like the good old gothic camera.

Another thing is, I hope they make that we can move,run while drinking potion. This is very important and useful when we want to heal our self in the heat of battle, especially when we are dealing with dozen of enemies.
    Yuzrass ist offline

9. #69 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Also if they can get this kind of fighting system would be cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dmmqGHCNeQ&NR=1

the game is call Elveon but up until now i never know what happen to them.
    Yuzrass ist offline

10. #70 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    I have a feeling that it is to late for combat system suggestions but indeed, the point with the camera is good. Personally i find it very unpleasant the funny type of camera, like in GTA: San Andreas. I need a gamera that remains behind the player and a mouse to control the direction of the character and the camera at the same time. For me this kind of things ruin the gaming experience, and would make me think twice before buying or playing a game (why should i play something that frustrates me with the control?). At least make the kind of camera an option in the menu if you aren't decided. And I heard that you plan an alternativ moving system or something like that. Would be nice to alternate the camera if you decide to use complex platform elements like in Prince of Persia SoT, but bring it back behind the character after the platform elements have stopped.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

11. #71 Zitieren
    Demigod Avatar von Rashnu
    Guarding Chinvat Bridge (As-Sirāt); a bridge finer than a hair and sharper than a sword.
    Zitat Zitat von Yuzrass Beitrag anzeigen
    the game is call Elveon but up until now i never know what happen to them.
    Elveon was a game project with great potential. We even hosted a website and forum for years but closed it down last year. The project is probably buried for a considerable time.

If you search for "elveon" you still find old threads like this one.
    [Bild: Rashnu340obenGIF.gif][Bild: nds_banner_156x60_rounded.jpg]
    [Bild: Rashnu340untenlinks.gif][Bild: Rashnu340untenrechts.gif][Bild: oaqmBDA_Nein_113x60.jpg]
    "Greeting to thee; well hast thou come; from that mortal world hast thou come to this pure, bright place."
    Rashnu ist offline

12. #72 Zitieren
    Sword Master Avatar von Argenguy
    Zitat Zitat von Rashnu Beitrag anzeigen
    Elveon was a game project with great potential. We even hosted a website and forum for years but closed it down last year. The project is probably buried for a considerable time.

If you search for "elveon" you still find old threads like this one.
    It's a shame really, but some people say that the project is not dead, and that 10tacle studios moved to Englad to continue with the developing.
    Maybe in the next GC we'll know something.
    Argenguy ist offline

13. #73 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Yah, I read that they are restructuring the company and that it has something to do with Climax Studio in UK. I hope they'll finish the game but it is more of an action adventure game like Rune or Enclave. Doesn't have the RPG element like PB game i suppose.
    Yuzrass ist offline

14. #74 Zitieren
    Sword Master Avatar von Argenguy
    Zitat Zitat von Yuzrass Beitrag anzeigen
    Yah, I read that they are restructuring the company and that it has something to do with Climax Studio in UK. I hope they'll finish the game but it is more of an action adventure game like Rune or Enclave. Doesn't have the RPG element like PB game i suppose.
    Who cares about that? The game is heavily compared with Severance: Blade of Darkness, it's supossed to be an action game, with some RPG elements, like Dark Messiah of Might & Magic.
    Argenguy ist offline

15. #75 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Anyway please just don't make the fighting system like in G3. It sucks like a dump button bashing game.
    Yuzrass ist offline

16. #76 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Bruell
    I don't mind the combat sys at all as long as it follows the best known standard.
    I don't care for intricate combos and such, just keep it simple as possible and put more effort into the story.
    That's all I ask for.
    Bruell ist offline

17. #77 Zitieren
    Local Hero
    I would like a combat system that depends on both player skill and character attributes. The best solution to implement this would be to have the character attributes decide what kind of damage my weapons did and let me do the aiming and slashing/blocking/pounding/whatever.

I would also like the combat to be simple enough so I don't have to learn intricate combos (like in Street Fighter or something), but complex enough so that it gives me options in combat.For example, Severance: Blade of Darkness had a really complicated combat system. For me, it only meant that I had plenty of tools at my disposal in combat, but I never managed to learn more than two or three of them properly. On the other side of the scale we have Gothic 3. I figured out early that I could just pump up my hitpoints above 1000 and then defeat every opponent in the game by just mashing ONE button repeatedly. Afterwards I'd just heal up since every little root heals you using %, which made them incredibly powerful since 10% of 1000 is 100 hitpoints!. That's too simple (and broken, in the case of Gothic 3).

I kind of like the combat in Gothic/Gothic 2, although I didn't like how you could hit for zero damage because your skill was too low. I also didn't think the animations mirrored my fighting skill (I wish they had more animations in between being a newbie and being a master).

The archery skill was good in Gothic 3 though. I prefer it being free aimed like that before the system used in Gothic/Gothic 2.
    mkreku ist offline

18. #78 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Bruell
    well, there's a fine line here between having to spend hours on getting opponents killed and wanting to go on with the quests and story. In Severance the game started out pretty smooth but then it just got to hard to fight the minions to a point where I just wanted to give up and do something else with my time.
    Even though in G3 the healing plants are very powerful, they did help me allot to get through the boring fighting part, that by the way in most computer games makes the predominant part and is somehow getting really boring.
    How many games have you played in your life and isn't it always the same pattern, running through levels, killing the same guy's over and over again?
    If it wasn't for the graphics, this industry would have died years ago.
    So I would really dig a strong story, fun and entertainment instead of in how sophisticated and various ways I'm able to end the lifes of who ever comes my way.

Don't get me wrong here, i'm not against violence in computer games but maybe it does not have to be the main occupation from beginning to end.
    Bruell ist offline

Seite 4 von 4 « Erste 1234