Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 13 von 21 « Erste ... 269101112131415161720 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 241 bis 260 von 401
    Knight Avatar von TeLovesc
    Zitat Zitat von iab Beitrag anzeigen
    come on man, i'm asking questions about Risen ...
    i`m sorry but you could have asked those questions without posting those pictures ...one is not even a question LOL.

Here let me rephrase for you and spare Quy some time :

Will there be structures with many floors?
    Will there be creatures bigger than trolls??
    TeLovesc ist offline

Knight Avatar von catalinux
    Zitat Zitat von TeLovesc Beitrag anzeigen
    i`m sorry but you could have asked those questions without posting those pictures ...one is not even a question LOL.

I'm sorry to inform you but the Forbidden Island has few inhabitants, mostly humble fishermen who merely make a living so by no way would it be possible to build huge structures on the Island so the answer for the first question is no!
    As for the second, as Quy might say... You'll have to discover this by yourself
    catalinux ist offline

Knight Avatar von TeLovesc
    Zitat Zitat von catalinux Beitrag anzeigen
    I'm sorry to inform you but the Forbidden Island has few inhabitants, mostly humble fishermen who merely make a living so by no way would it be possible to build huge structures on the Island so the answer for the first question is no!
    go and quote Iab ,not me ,he`s the one who asked this in the first place, i just rephrased
    TeLovesc ist offline

Adventurer
    Did you put some physics system (PhysiX, Havoc...) in the game ?
    SimDuch ist offline Geändert von SimDuch (11.05.2009 um 20:01 Uhr)

Knight Commander Avatar von Bamfy
    This question is not related to Risen and adressed to Deep Silver.
    Stalker: Call of Pripyat was announced by GSC.But they haven't said anything about a publisher.Since you guys published Clear Sky,will you also publish this one?Have you guys talked at least with GSC?
    Bamfy ist offline

Adventurer
    Zitat Zitat von Bamfy Beitrag anzeigen
    This question is not related to Risen and adressed to Deep Silver.
    Stalker: Call of Pripyat was announced by GSC.But they haven't said anything about a publisher.Since you guys published Clear Sky,will you also publish this one?Have you guys talked at least with GSC?
    ?? off topic my friend !
    SimDuch ist offline

Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz
    Bamfy, you should a PM to Pixel or Doberlec.

Hey Quy, I have a question regarding the lore of the Risen world. Have you guys already planned some background story events? Or let's say the possible future lore progression? Important lore characters like Kings, Dukes and etc? Might it be possible to see some short stories written by you guys?
    Powaz ist offline Geändert von Powaz (08.05.2009 um 19:39 Uhr)

Waldläufer Avatar von iab
    in G1 and G2 we had left/right strikes controlled by pressing "ctrl+left/right arrow keys". i think their main advantage lays in that we don't have to change position when using them, and this is very useful and necessay in some occasions. my question is, is such strikes available in Risen?
    iab ist offline

in G1 and G2 we had left/right strikes controlled by pressing "ctrl+left/right arrow keys". i think their main advantage lays in that we don't have to change position when using them, and this is very useful and necessay in some occasions. my question is, is such strikes available in Risen?
    I bet the answer will look something like...

"The combat system is in active development. You may rest assure that we do care about the community suggestions and we will do our best to create a unique and innovative combat system (without ignoring all the best features both Gothic 2 and 3 brought to you) with which all of you will feel comfortable."

Ah... I also have a question: When will we heard something new about Risen?
    catalinux ist offline

Knight Avatar von TheDoctor
    @Catalinux, patience.. all in good time. E3 is coming up and you can rest assured that by then we'll have heard and seen much more about Risen - not to mention the load of stuff we'll receive during E3.

Seriously, I'm still digesting the awesome videos we've seen this spring.
    TheDoctor ist offline

Knight Commander
    Zitat Zitat von TheDoctor Beitrag anzeigen
    @Catalinux, patience.. all in good time. E3 is coming up and you can rest assured that by then we'll have heard and seen much more about Risen - not to mention the load of stuff we'll receive during E3.

Seriously, I'm still digesting the awesome videos we've seen this spring.
    I'm sorry to break it for you but I recall that Risen won't be in E3.
    Kostaz ist offline

Ranger Avatar von Fa80di
    Hi Quy,

What about two handed magic? one hand with fireball spell and the other one with light spell or whatever!!!

What about this idea?
    HERE I COME BELIAR CREATURE
    Fa80di ist offline

Quy, have you guys ever considered implementing a mini-game in your games? Remember Final Fantasy 8 and 9, where you could collect cards and play with them with almost any npc in the world? Now, that was a great way of immersing the player into the world, as it would actually feel like you're sitting there, playing cards with someone..

It would be great to have something similar in a PB game. This is more of a suggestion than a question, though.
    TheDoctor ist offline

Zitat Zitat von Kostaz Beitrag anzeigen
    I'm sorry to break it for you but I recall that Risen won't be in E3.
    Bugger. Well, I'm still digesting that Risen might be released this autumn, too.
    TheDoctor ist offline

Bugger. Well, I'm still digesting that Risen might be released this autumn, too.
    Again... Please... not in autumn! You remember Gothic 3? October 13?

@Quy: please don't tell me the hero will look like that guy "prison break style"
    catalinux ist offline

Schwertmeister Avatar von Quy
    Howdy!

Zitat Zitat von TeLovesc Beitrag anzeigen

Haha, so true!

Zitat Zitat von Talek Beitrag anzeigen
    Over the week and after reading your reply, I came up with a few more questions .

Concerning Piranha Bytes teamwork...

• Is the work-mood of the Risen team the same as when creating original Gothic? Having heard many things out & about, it is safe to say that you guys are enjoying the time you spend on Risen, in spite of the workload. Hence, the cooperation seems no longer futile and we are allowed to see positive results. But, all in all, is it the same to work on Risen as when the original Gothic (and I mean part I and II) was being created?
    • Are you allowed to disperse so much knowledge? In response to your answer this Monday to my question about the font-sizes, I was wondering why you guys are so free to release so much information. I must thank you though, because I did not know about that leaked video (the font sizes are neat and perfect). And also, knowing that many aspects are subject to change, we can expect more from the game than we see there, right?

Concerning the actual game...

• Bingo! I saw something there which I thought I would not see. The inventory of the game... Will it be featured the way in the video or is there going to be a more sophisticated look to it? I am unsure as to whether the question was answered or not, but I am going to ask it anyways. I was wondering, because graphically it did not look so different from G2/G3 - it retained simplicity, yet it was divided into several parts, all moulding into a great backpack pool.
    • And continuing the question, will we have unlimited inventory space as with all Gothic series? There did not seem to be any limits in the video, hence according to my judgement, there wont be any.

Thank you for answering .
    1) It is hard to compare the work, because there are many new Piranhas since then, hierarchies has also changed a little bit, the office has moved in another city and so on.
    What I can tell you, is that after G3 the project management has been improved. There were less overtimes than in the past, because the planning was better. Risen is a good project. Bjoern told us, that he is very proud of each Piranha.

2) Trust me, there are so many informations you don't know yet. I am really carfully with my answers. I don't spoiler anything and new informations will be published just once in a time.
    And nice to hear, that you like the font size.

3) At this stage, It will be implemented like what you saw in the video. But nothing is declared as final, so I can't say anything for sure.

4) Yes the player will have unlimited inventory space. To be honest, I really don't like limited inventorys. Of course a limited inventory is more realistic, but for me it is more like an impairment.

Quy, which one would you recommend, the 360-version or the PC-version?

I'm going to get the 360-version because of the price (I can't afford a gaming PC). I just want to know if it works really well with the TV, the hand-controller and so on.. or if I'm really missing things out because I will not play the PC version.
    Until both versions aren't finished right now, I can't tell you any recommends.
    For me personal, I want to play the game on my XBOX 360. This has two reasons. First of all I already finished the game twice on a PC and I want to test the XBOX version. The second reason ist the higher comfort. I can play with a longer distance to the screen and a wireless controller on my couch or on my new gaming chair.

I bet the answer will look something like...

"The combat system is in active development. You may rest assure that we do care about the community suggestions and we will do our best to create a unique and innovative combat system (without ignoring all the best features both Gothic 2 and 3 brought to you) with which all of you will feel comfortable."

Ah... I also have a question: When will we heard something new about Risen?
    Haha, if I will be ill, Catalinux can answer all questions for me.

in fact i bet that, now that we have 10 fighting levels for each kind of weapon, there should be something similars to the left/right strikes ... just want to make sure of it.
    Yes you can expect something similar.

Zitat Zitat von Fa80di Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi Quy,

What about two handed magic? one hand with fireball spell and the other one with light spell or whatever!!!

What about this idea?
    I like your idea. But it has to have a really good design. It shouldn't feel like a fast first person shooter, where you can shoot with both hands at the same time. In my mind the system should be more tactical. Maybe this is an idea for the future, but this is the decision of the game designers. ^^

Zitat Zitat von Powaz Beitrag anzeigen
    Bamfy, you should a PM to Pixel or Doberlec.

Hey Quy, I have a question regarding the lore of the Risen world. Have you guys already planned some background story events? Or let's say the possible future lore progression? Important lore characters like Kings, Dukes and etc? Might it be possible to see some short stories written by you guys?
    Our story guys are really busy right now, I don't think that they will find the time to write some short stories. But there is something planned, you can look forward to.

Quy, have you guys ever considered implementing a mini-game in your games? Remember Final Fantasy 8 and 9, where you could collect cards and play with them with almost any npc in the world? Now, that was a great way of immersing the player into the world, as it would actually feel like you're sitting there, playing cards with someone..

It would be great to have something similar in a PB game. This is more of a suggestion than a question, though.
    It is too late for the idea of new mini-games in Risen. But trust me, this is topic that will be discussed. But it is always a matter of time. I hope, that we will see more mini-games in a PB game in the future. I really like them and I also have some secret ideas in my head.

Kind regards,

Quy

Edit: Opps wrong thread, can someone move/fix my post?
    Quy ist offline Geändert von Quy (11.05.2009 um 14:39 Uhr)

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von Fa80di Beitrag anzeigen
    Two directly usable spells (say one fireball and one windfist) would be ugly to control for the player. Not really useful.

One sustained spell (say light) and one usable spell would be represented differently - since you cannot do anything with the sustained spell anyway. It just sheds its light independently from your hand.

Whether you can sustain one and cast another spell must remain a mystery at the moment - since I actually do not know that.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

Piranha-Bytes
    @Quy: please don't tell me the hero will look like that guy "prison break style"
    Forget about this prison break style BS. That was a harebrained idea someone had and blabbed into the world. Has stuck since then, remains BS anyway.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

Zitat Zitat von Quy Beitrag anzeigen
    Haha, if I will be ill, Catalinux can answer all questions for me.
    And so it would become true my dream to work with the piranhas!

Just kidding

Another question (so the moderator wont move my reply on another thread) but more like a suggestion (because I don't know that to ask more about Risen )

Have you ever considered to import in a medieval game like Risen elements from the Roman culture? The medieval world is mostly "barbarian" (German and Slavic), but Rome had a great culture. And it also had a great army. For example the outfit of the romans legionnaires. Or the architecture. There are many elements that could be imported and I think those would look great in a medieval settled game.
    catalinux ist offline

Zitat Zitat von Quy Beitrag anzeigen
    It is too late for the idea of new mini-games in Risen. But trust me, this is topic that will be discussed. But it is always a matter of time. I hope, that we will see more mini-games in a PB game in the future. I really like them and I also have some secret ideas in my head.

Kind regards,

Quy
    Really nice. What are your ideas?
    TheDoctor ist offline

Seite 13 von 21 « Erste ... 269101112131415161720 ... Letzte »