Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 12 von 21 « Erste ... 5891011121314151619 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 221 bis 240 von 402
    Knight
    well, lets leave alone this topic, who knows who was really guilty? Probably both, to some degree. JW wanted big game that sells crazy, so they wanted similar to oblivion probably, and PB probably also wanted bigger game with bigger world and everything, and probably didn't really estimated good enough, how much their small team can really do.
    Zocky ist offline

Ranger Avatar von Fa80di
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    I do not know. I suppose it is finished now, given the fact that Microsoft does an intensive and time-consuming testing and you also need a few weeks to produce and ship the game units. My guess is that MS is currently testing a master candidate and once they give their clearance, DS will make a "gold" announcement.

The version you saw at the gamescom and in the GamePro preview were not finished, though. At least that's what we were told.

These screens show a graphic that is below the standards of nowadays....I hope they will do something better in the final version because I believe that the Xbox360 can handle even the graphic of the PC version.
    HERE I COME BELIAR CREATURE
    Fa80di ist offline

Warrior Avatar von SacredGamer
    I don't believe the 360 can handle the graphics of the PC Version.
    Especially with no load times when entering dungeons,buildings etc.
    With that said I didn't think the graphics would have been this poor.

Discuss it in this thred don't exactly want to drag this thread off-topic.
    SacredGamer ist offline Geändert von SacredGamer (05.09.2009 um 22:33 Uhr)

Ranger
    Zitat Zitat von fragonard Beitrag anzeigen
    Well, the state of Risen at it's release might give us a good clue of who really screwed up G3.
    Amen, brother.
    SoM3 ist offline

Warrior
    Zitat Zitat von fragonard Beitrag anzeigen
    Well, the state of Risen at it's release might give us a good clue of who really screwed up G3.
    The one who made the "fixed money for fixed milestones" contract at PB with JW. Maybe you can manufacture socks and badges with a contract like that, but not a state-of-the-art software.
    rotator ist offline

Fighter Avatar von 4ltair
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    Since any form of online distribution will almost certainly include DRM, you cannot buy a digital copy. But if you want to rent RISEN (and speak a little german), you can do so here: http://gamerunlimited.gamesplanet.co...category_id=25

Other options are currently unknown to me.
    Sorry, bad choice of words ...
    When i said digital copy i meant the game itself, like you can buy it from GoG (except those are DRM-free ) not just rent it.
    So, if i'll buy the game from DS distribution site, what kind of copy-pretection will include, since the CD-check is not possible???
    4ltair ist offline

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Zitat Zitat von 4ltair Beitrag anzeigen
    So, if i'll buy the game from DS distribution site, what kind of copy-pretection will include, since the CD-check is not possible???
    With a probability bordering on certainty: DRM. That's one of the "benefits" of the Tagès copy protection. It can be easily switched into DRM mode for online distribution. I really doubt that DS has the guts to sell RISEN online without copy protection. And the only copy protection that you can use with that form of distribution is DRM.

Feeling a bit masochistic and want to read more of my diatribes? Check out Foobar's Rantpage.

foobar erklärt die Welt der Informatik: Was ist ein Zeichensatz?Was ist die 32Bit-Grenze?Warum sind Speicheroptimierer Unsinn?Wie teste ich meinen RAM?Was ist HDR?Was ist Tesselation?Warum haben wir ein Urheberrecht?Partitionieren mit MBR oder GPT?Was hat es mit dem m.2-Format auf sich?Warum soll ich meine SSD nicht zum Anschlag befüllen?Wer hat an der MTU gedreht?UEFI oder BIOS Boot?Was muss man über Virenscanner wissen?Defragmentieren sinnvoll?Warum ist bei CCleaner & Co. Vorsicht angesagt?Was hat es mit 4Kn bei Festplatten auf sich?Was ist Bitrot?Was sind die historischen Hintergründe zur (nicht immer optimalen) Sicherheit von Windows?Wie kann ich Datenträger sicher löschen?Was muss ich bzgl. Smartphone-Sicherheit wissen?Warum sind Y-Kabel für USB oft keine gute Idee?Warum sind lange Passwörter besser als komplizierte?Wie funktionieren Tintenstrahldrucker-Düsen?Wie wähle ich eine Linux-Distribution für mich aus?Warum ist Linux sicherer als Windows?Sind statische Entladungen bei Elektronik wirklich ein Problem?Wie repariere ich meinen PC-Lüfter?Was ist die MBR-Lücke?Wie funktioniert eine Quarz-Uhr?Was macht der Init-Prozess unter Linux und wie schlimm ist SystemD?Mainboard-Batterie - wann wechseln?Smartphone ohne Google?
    foobar ist offline

Knight
    though i do wonder if game will be any cheaper since you only RENT it....
    Zocky ist offline

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Zitat Zitat von Zocky Beitrag anzeigen
    though i do wonder if game will be any cheaper since you only RENT it....
    Nope. At least not at the only currently known download source. The plain, old fashioned "boxed" game costs € 45,99 at the german Amazon shop. At "gamer unlimited" you pay € 49,99 for having:
    • a rented game with
    • no medium
    • no manual
    • no package
    • no refund rights

Now is that a special deal or what?

Feeling a bit masochistic and want to read more of my diatribes? Check out Foobar's Rantpage.

foobar erklärt die Welt der Informatik: Was ist ein Zeichensatz?Was ist die 32Bit-Grenze?Warum sind Speicheroptimierer Unsinn?Wie teste ich meinen RAM?Was ist HDR?Was ist Tesselation?Warum haben wir ein Urheberrecht?Partitionieren mit MBR oder GPT?Was hat es mit dem m.2-Format auf sich?Warum soll ich meine SSD nicht zum Anschlag befüllen?Wer hat an der MTU gedreht?UEFI oder BIOS Boot?Was muss man über Virenscanner wissen?Defragmentieren sinnvoll?Warum ist bei CCleaner & Co. Vorsicht angesagt?Was hat es mit 4Kn bei Festplatten auf sich?Was ist Bitrot?Was sind die historischen Hintergründe zur (nicht immer optimalen) Sicherheit von Windows?Wie kann ich Datenträger sicher löschen?Was muss ich bzgl. Smartphone-Sicherheit wissen?Warum sind Y-Kabel für USB oft keine gute Idee?Warum sind lange Passwörter besser als komplizierte?Wie funktionieren Tintenstrahldrucker-Düsen?Wie wähle ich eine Linux-Distribution für mich aus?Warum ist Linux sicherer als Windows?Sind statische Entladungen bei Elektronik wirklich ein Problem?Wie repariere ich meinen PC-Lüfter?Was ist die MBR-Lücke?Wie funktioniert eine Quarz-Uhr?Was macht der Init-Prozess unter Linux und wie schlimm ist SystemD?Mainboard-Batterie - wann wechseln?Smartphone ohne Google?
    foobar ist offline

Knight
    So let me get if my punny mind gets it:
    Buy game - 45euros
    Rent game - 50euros

Hm, my mind is givving me 404 error. :P

--edited---
    yey, teh 666th post, teh number of the beast. FEAR ME!!! :P
    Zocky ist offline

Knight Avatar von RobinHood 13.
    It's annoying, Game and movie industry shows no will to adapt to make games better accessible. When we download, we loose the physical part of the game (which many hold dear, including me), and the internet is much cheaper to distribute through so it should be cheaper, and no DRM bullshit.
    Of course it will be easier to distribute illegally, but there's always a cracked version on the net, so it doesn't make any difference.

I know that I won't rent games aleast.
    RobinHood 13. ist offline

Demigod Avatar von Bastardo
    I would never buy a game online as I was buying games when they used to come literally with a box, and I like that, but if I was to buy online I'd use Steam. It is actually a good deal if you don't care about retail and you have unlimited ADSL, games there cost quite less than retail editions. But I personally only use the multiplayer-community part of it.
    Bastardo ist offline Geändert von Bastardo (07.09.2009 um 21:31 Uhr)

Ranger Avatar von Arkose
    I have recently bought many games through GOG.com, most notably Gothic and Gothic II. GOG's downloads are DRM free and do not even require a helper program to download; once you have downloaded the installer you can burn it to a disc or whatever and it's yours for life. They also patch the games to ensure they work properly on the latest versions of Windows including 64-bit versions (Steam etc. do not do this; if some old game you got through Steam doesn't work on your shiny new Vista/7 system or on 64-bit versions of Windows that's your problem).

As long as people are happy to "buy" from Steam and the like, DRM-free services like GOG will remain in the minority.
    Arkose ist offline

Knight Commander
    Zitat Zitat von necromancer66 Beitrag anzeigen
    1) will the monsters level up during gameplay or will they have a certain level all the time?
    I think it's pretty safe to say that there will be no level scaling,thus the level of the monsters will remain the same during the whole the game.
    Kostaz ist offline

Knight Avatar von RobinHood 13.
    Zitat Zitat von Kostaz Beitrag anzeigen
    I think it's pretty safe to say that there will be no level scaling,thus the level of the monsters will remain the same during the whole the game.
    Yeah, otherwise they'd risk "being burned at the stake" by pb fans
    That is something which has never been in their games before, and I doubt PB want's to make another olbivion clone.
    RobinHood 13. ist offline

Waldläufer
    Zitat Zitat von RobinHood 13. Beitrag anzeigen
    Yeah, otherwise they'd risk "being burned at the stake" by pb fans
    That is something which has never been in their games before, and I doubt PB want's to make another olbivion clone.
    Tbh

I`d never buy Risen if they threw in level scaling.
    Mrdolce ist offline

Apprentice Avatar von Zincarla
    I`d never buy Risen if they threw in level scaling.
    I wonder who came up with something as retarded as level scaling. If some Xbox-Oblivion fans think there going to be able to beat Risen as level 1, there going to be ass-raped by ashbeasts.
    Zincarla ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Well, when you are too lazy to balance a game properly, you do a bunch of lame ass monsters and insert level scaling. The PBs are hard working people, so we won;t see that kind of crap in their games.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

Apprentice Avatar von Zincarla
    I think it stems from a motive to create a game that any moron or 5-year old can play, so you can make the most money by making it playable to larger group of casual gamers.
    Zincarla ist offline

Ranger
    There WAS level scallig in Gothic 3 by the way.
    And from what i read, Risen have a system that randomise caves and temples you enter to.
    SoM3 ist offline

Seite 12 von 21 « Erste ... 5891011121314151619 ... Letzte »