Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 16 von 21 « Erste ... 59121314151617181920 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 301 bis 320 von 401
    Apprentice
    All i want to know at this moment is : Any Risen coverage at E3 ?
    Greu-ceanu ist offline

Rookie
    Zitat Zitat von Greu-ceanu Beitrag anzeigen
    All i want to know at this moment is : Any Risen coverage at E3 ?
    nope, but maybe behind close doors
    quovadis ist offline

Warrior
    Um... Several hardware issues from my side have come up, hence I would like some clarification.

Concerning hardware

• What will be the maximum monitor size (or screen resolution) for Risen to have support for? I am considering to buy a new monitor, but I have to know beforehand whether the display WONT be too large so that I am limited to playing in a window or on a stretched display.
    • In continuation, what hardware would you suggest as a medium-budget buy for Risen? I am sure my computer isnt going to be able to support the game, so I am wondering if PB could give some advice. The requirements are rarely true. And Quy, you yourself have said that Risen runs decently on your CPU. Maybe some suggestions?

Thank you for answering .
    Talek ist offline

Rookie
    Hello friend...
    I am asking myself the same question.
    Maybe it is not your intention, Piranha Bytes, to answer any questions about hardware requirements but it is very important for us, the gamers, to know that.
    I only play Gothic and my computer does not support Gothic 3 so I don't think it will support Risen and for that reason I am considering to change my computer. I am going to buy a computer only for Risen so I need to know if I am able to afford to purchase a PC with the right configuration.( I do not intend to try to play a game with only 15 fps again)

ps: This is not a "angry" message it is just something i hope you are already considering.
    underdo ist offline

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von Talek Beitrag anzeigen
    [*]What will be the maximum monitor size (or screen resolution) for Risen to have support for? I am considering to buy a new monitor, but I have to know beforehand whether the display WONT be too large so that I am limited to playing in a window or on a stretched display.
    Unless you are considering buying really special hardware (like a monstrosity of a monitor giving you 3000x2250 pixels) you should by fine.

We are running Risen on 1920x1080 monitors ("full-HD") here. Not a problem. Anything larger than that qualifies as somewhat exotic - but AFAIK even that would work, as long as your graphics card and its drivers like it.

[*]In continuation, what hardware would you suggest as a medium-budget buy for Risen? I am sure my computer isnt going to be able to support the game, so I am wondering if PB could give some advice.
    Nope, sorry, no official statement from us.
    Until all work in the area of optimization is done that would be merely speculative.

Bear in mind though that the larger your monitor area the more powerful the graphics card has to be. Mixing a full-HD monitor with a NVidia 7600 series GPU obviously isn't a bright idea.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von underdo Beitrag anzeigen
    I am going to buy a computer only for Risen so I need to know if I am able to afford to purchase a PC with the right configuration.( I do not intend to try to play a game with only 15 fps again)
    You will have ample time to get a new PC before release.
    Since PC hardware gets cheaper all the time anyway waiting a bit longer will actually save you money.

I could talk about "minimum requirements" - but that's pretty useless, since a system detailed as "minimum" will by industry's definition merely start the game - having fun will be a different matter entirely.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

Rookie

Thank you for your answer!
    I just want to add that you, Piranha Bytes, are doing a great job and I can only imagine how annoying it must bee to have so many questions to answer and the will to answer them even when sometimes you would prefer not to!
    Ps: I love the games you made so fare!
    underdo ist offline

Warrior
    Thank you for your answer, Michael. I guess I should stick to waiting for a while then. But maybe you could shed some light on the resolution settings you are working on?
    Talek ist offline

Ranger
    A good rule of thumb would be a PC made of parts that are 2 years old can play it at least on min. settings if not higher.

Michael pointed out at least one advantage but there are other big advantages too.

Personally, I would wait until either you definitely have to or the game goes gold.
    Northie ist offline

Ritter Avatar von v000nix
    peer-LAN postet some ideas for risen in the deepsilver-forum, so i forward them to you.

Zitat Zitat von peer-LAN
    Just dropping by to wish you best of luck.

A few ideas I would like to give you (even though you are probably drowning in ideas already) that I think will make Rise even better :
    I would like Risen to have a lot of cool intelligent story twists or quests... like for example :
    - you would carry the orders/quest of a good guy with authority (like a paladin, mayor or someone respectable), even though you start thinking that what you are doing is quite wrong (but you probably do it anyway because of a higher objective of "great" importance that excuses it), only to find out that in the end he mislead you to do something terrible for his own personal gain. Or something similar to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

- building something, like a house, a business, a hospital etc. from scratch, or help rebuild a village, then having a period of happiness with it (enjoy the benefits of it), only to see it destroyed by someone... and then after the end of the game you would be able to see it rebuild or you are able to rebuild it a second time.

- people will know your status, build a monument, or a commemorative stone (or similar) if you save them, or curse you and hate if you caused them problems. When you talk with them they will love to help you if you were good, otherwise they would avoid giving you any information.

- a dynamic economy would be nice, animals, plants regenerate... they are consumed by the population, goods are produced in some places and consumed by richer people in some other place (together with supply and demand affecting the prices...). The economy should be realistic, and run by NPCs (probably poorly but anyway) even without the intervention of the player.

- trading a lot with someone will make him (or that town/village) richer. You would be able to see improvements in how their houses/clothes look.

-small birds flying around would be great. And flying away when you come close to them.

- leafs and small rocks on the ground. Rats would be very welcomed (especially if they would patrol the village from dumpster to dumpster)

- People being scared of superstitions and you prove them that they are wrong.

- NPCs would have small pets, maybe some villagers have domesticated creatures as pets, or mages would have magic creatures as pets. (maybe you could have one...)

I will stop here for now, too many at once will become tl;dr.
    v000nix ist offline

Knight Avatar von TeLovesc
    Will one be able to join more than just one guild in the same time?
    TeLovesc ist offline

Piranha-Bytes
    But maybe you could shed some light on the resolution settings you are working on?
    Basically you can set whatever your graphics card driver offers.
    But since CRTs are being phased out, you should stick to whatever your flat panel's native resolution is. That is, unless you want to play in windowed mode (not recommended).
    Michael Rüve ist offline

United Moderator  Avatar von sonnedre
    Hi, Quy.

How do you had your last weekend? I had a great weekend. I enjoyed by shashlik, it was very tasty.

I have some question from World of Risen.RU users for you.

1) Are there rivers streams as in G1?
    2) Can dead bodies be afloting?
    3) Will weak enemies run away from us if they are defeating?
    sonnedre ist offline Geändert von sonnedre (07.06.2009 um 16:41 Uhr)

Schwertmeister Avatar von Quy
    Good morning everyone!

Zitat Zitat von TeLovesc Beitrag anzeigen
    Will one be able to join more than just one guild in the same time?
    Sorry, every answers regarding to this questions would be a spoiler.

peer-LAN:

Just dropping by to wish you best of luck.

A few ideas I would like to give you (even though you are probably drowning in ideas already) that I think will make Rise even better :
    I would like Risen to have a lot of cool intelligent story twists or quests... like for example :
    - you would carry the orders/quest of a good guy with authority (like a paladin, mayor or someone respectable), even though you start thinking that what you are doing is quite wrong (but you probably do it anyway because of a higher objective of "great" importance that excuses it), only to find out that in the end he mislead you to do something terrible for his own personal gain. Or something similar to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

- building something, like a house, a business, a hospital etc. from scratch, or help rebuild a village, then having a period of happiness with it (enjoy the benefits of it), only to see it destroyed by someone... and then after the end of the game you would be able to see it rebuild or you are able to rebuild it a second time.

- people will know your status, build a monument, or a commemorative stone (or similar) if you save them, or curse you and hate if you caused them problems. When you talk with them they will love to help you if you were good, otherwise they would avoid giving you any information.

- a dynamic economy would be nice, animals, plants regenerate... they are consumed by the population, goods are produced in some places and consumed by richer people in some other place (together with supply and demand affecting the prices...). The economy should be realistic, and run by NPCs (probably poorly but anyway) even without the intervention of the player.

- trading a lot with someone will make him (or that town/village) richer. You would be able to see improvements in how their houses/clothes look.

-small birds flying around would be great. And flying away when you come close to them.

- leafs and small rocks on the ground. Rats would be very welcomed (especially if they would patrol the village from dumpster to dumpster)

- People being scared of superstitions and you prove them that they are wrong.

- NPCs would have small pets, maybe some villagers have domesticated creatures as pets, or mages would have magic creatures as pets. (maybe you could have one...)

I will stop here for now, too many at once will become tl;dr.

Thank you for you wishes and your ideas. But we are already in an advanced state and it is too late for more ideas.

Zitat Zitat von SonnedreS Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi, Quy.

How do you had your last weekend? I had a great weekend. I enjoyed by shashlik, it was very tasty.

I have some question from World of Risen.RU users for you.

1) Are there rivers streams as in G1?
    2) Can dead bodies be afloting?
    3) Will weak enemies run away from us if they are defeating?
    Hey one week ago I was invited to eat Russion shashlik, as well! *yummy*

1) Yes we have some rivers in Risen, but they are smaller than in G1.
    2) No, no floating bodies.
    3) No I think they are too brave to ran away. Every enemy will fight until they are knocked out or they are dead.

Best regards,

Quy
    Quy ist offline

Fighter Avatar von nutrageti__
    Zitat Zitat von Quy Beitrag anzeigen

3) No I think they are too brave to run away. Every enemy will fight until they are knocked out or they are dead.

Best regards,

Quy

hmm that's something i liked in G1...diggers ran away from trolls and so did the ones that you fought and were left with litle life left if i remember right
    nutrageti__ ist offline

Knight Avatar von RobinHood 13.
    In G2 NOTR attributes cost more and more lp as your lvl increases. The problem with this is potions, runes etc that give permanent bonuses are best to save until late in the game. Basically what happens is there's a sudden jump in difficulty when you can finally use those.
    If you have a similar system in Risen, please make sure any such items that give permanent bonuses gives same amount of that attribute (in lp). Will you make sure that this problem in NotR isn't in Risen?

In G1, and G2 new enemies appeared, new quests, characters etc as the chapters progressed.
    In G3 you traveled through the different town's, but when you had done everything there, nothing new appeared there, and the world weren't changing.
    Jharkendar were more like G3, which dissapointed me a little, expansion is very good, but Jharkendar, isn't changing.
    So here's my question: Will the gameworld change as you progress. New characters, enemies, quests, events etc. ? Also what how dominant will this be?
    The Witcher is really good on the event part, but unfortunately the freedom is greatly limited because of the story, but still one of the best rpgs I've played.

Is magic done bare-handed or can you use a staff?

Can you use magic in meele combat to boost your melee?
    Example: A magician using a staff to fight by melee combat, but also by magic, where every stroke act like a force push thingy, dealing much greater dmg than the plain staff would've done alone, and maybe even knocking em back.

Saw a vidoe where some staff fighting were involved (someone training), and animations looked quite cool, definitely not G3 animations, so that's good
    RobinHood 13. ist offline

Adventurer Avatar von The Hound
    In the fighting system do we get to parry like in gothic 2 or do we have to block attacks like in G1 and G3? I mean it would be great if we get back the gothic 2 defense system(parry and step back) because it is much more realistic than the one from G3. Blocking with a weapon isn't either smart or effective and should only be used with shields.
    The Hound ist offline

Apprentice
    Well, I'll try some questions:

Will there be a sort button for the inventory, so that it will group items and take less space?

Will trading with an NPC a lot, make him rich? He will change appearance, how he furnishes his house (new or improved objects appear in his house) or the way he talks with you (he is grateful, or maybe just arrogant)

Will there be cheap wooden arrows, and if they will exist, will they bounce off strong iron armor.

Will weapons get blunt and you’ll need to sharpen them on grind stone from time to time?
    peer-LAN ist offline Geändert von peer-LAN (09.06.2009 um 16:53 Uhr)

Knight Avatar von vivaxardas
    Risen will be out on Sept. 30 or a bit later. But when can we expect a demo? August, September? Thanks.
    SKEPTICISM IS A VIRTUE!

Лидия: Любимый, я беременна!
    Я: ФУС-РО-ДА!!!!
    vivaxardas ist offline

Knight Avatar von TeLovesc
    Hello PB ! It`s been 2 years since DeepSilver announced the game ,but we still don`t know the final release date . ( not some fake release dates from some unknown websites)
    TeLovesc ist offline

Seite 16 von 21 « Erste ... 59121314151617181920 ... Letzte »