Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 20 von 21 « Erste ... 913161718192021 Letzte »
Ergebnis 381 bis 400 von 401
    United Moderator  Avatar von sonnedre
    Hi, Quy. In my town in Russia rain falls - for 3 days already. And week ago heat held.

Here the couple of questions.

1) Will be respawn in the game? And what is kind of?
    2) Are there different kinds of brewweed, potions and so on? For example, an elixir, an essence, etc as in Gothic.

Thanks.
    sonnedre ist offline Geändert von sonnedre (12.07.2009 um 06:30 Uhr)

Waldläufer Avatar von iab

1. in the latest screenshot no effect of anti-aliasing could be seen yet. my question is, does PB have a plan for AA support in the release version?

2. it has been said that as a human it's impossible to wield the oger's weapon, still i hope this primitive weapon won't be the most powerful weapon in the game as it was in G3. may i count on this?

3. if the Thunder lizard/Donnerechsen is really 8-10 meters long, i suppose it'll be 5-6 meters tall, which means as tall as 3 NPCs?

4. moreover, do you have a weight record for it?

5. i really hope this problem won't happen in Risen:
    several day ago i re-installed G2AddOn and started a new game, but all the NPCs can only use the most unskilled fighting style, all of them! i tested on two PCs but the problem was the same. no patch have been able to solve it.
    but, if i tried to load my savegames years ago, every thing would be fine then, that strange. (after this, a starting of new game still wouldn't work)
    imagine it, every NPC knows almost nothing about how to fight, being merely the easy pray for monsters/orcs ...
    one more time: i really hope this problem won't happen in Risen.
    iab ist offline Geändert von iab (15.07.2009 um 00:39 Uhr)

Schwertmeister Avatar von Quy
    Helly everyone,

I am sorry, I wasn't able to answer your questions before.

Zitat Zitat von WernerTWC Beitrag anzeigen

Maybe this sounds kinda "naive", but what is the problem in implementing it? I mean, it's just that the game reconize that caps-lock is activated and the hero has to walk when CL is activated, ... every text-editor reconizes the caps-lock.
    Are there problems i just don't consider? (To me, from my amateur point of view, it shouldn't be much harder as let's say mapping the inventory key from "I" to "TAB", ... please correct me if i'm wrong.)
    Maybe there is no real problem in implementing this key. Perhaps, it was just not included in the planning because nobody thought it was necessary. But I will find out what the reasons are.

Zitat Zitat von Powaz Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi,
    How will the books work in Risen. Gothic 1 and 2 style: where you have to read the text or in the Gothic 3 way?

The hero will read the contents of the books to you.

Zitat Zitat von nutrageti__ Beitrag anzeigen
    Hey! call me lazy if this has already been answered but:
    Any details you could share regarding a collector's edition of Risen for PC?
    No sorry,

there aren't any interesting details I can share with you, except the current amazon - preselling - price in Germany, which is 53,99 Euro.

Zitat Zitat von SonnedreS Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi, Quy. In my town in Russia rain falls - for 3 days already. And week ago heat held.

Here the couple of questions.

1) Will be respawn in the game? And what is kind of?
    2) Are there different kinds of brewweed, potions and so on? For example, an elixir, an essence, etc as in Gothic.

Thanks.

Hi SonnedreS,

The sudden change of weather sounds similar to ours. That's bad, isn't it?
    1) There is no respawn in Risen, but it is possible that new creatures/enemies will appear after entering a new chapter.
    2) There are different kind of potions but they don't have special names like elixier, essence, etc.

Zitat Zitat von iab Beitrag anzeigen

2. it has been said that as a human it's impossible to wield the oger's weapon, still i hope this primitive weapon won't be the most powerful weapon in the game as it was in G3. may i count on this?

3. if the Thunder lizard/Donnerechsen is really 8-10 meters long, i suppose it'll be 5-6 meters tall, which means as tall as 3 NPCs?

4. moreover, do you have a weight record for it?

several day ago i re-installed G2AddOn and started a new game, but all the NPCs can only use the most unskilled fighting style, all of them! i tested on two PCs but the problem was the same. no patch have been able to solve it.
    but, if i tried to load my savegames years ago, every thing would be fine then, that strange. (after this, a starting of new game still wouldn't work)
    imagine it, every NPC knows almost nothing about how to fight, being merely the easy pray for monsters/orcs ...
    Now to you iab:

2. Maybe you won't find any bigger weapon than this ogre weapon, but definitely more powerful ones. I believe that the power of the ogre is based on their strength and not their weapon.
    3. I think the author of the text has slightly exaggerated. Compared to the grass ( which you can see in the movie of the beastiarium) you can recognize that the Thunder Lizard is not as big as written.
    4. Sadly we don't have a scale that big.
    5. I have never heard about a bug like that in Risen. So I have a good feeling that you won't have this problem in Risen.

Best regards,

Quy
    Quy ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von Quy Beitrag anzeigen

The hero will read the contents of the books to you.
    Hello, Quy Wouldn't it be possible to make a menu option, to make the books readable or listenable? How hard could it be? You only need one or two pictures as the background pages of the book, and then copy paste the readable content. reading brings much more immersion than hearing.

Or is the style as the one in the risen webgame, where you can read the content of the book, but you also hear the voice acting what is read there?

I remember in the first two gothics when finding a letter (like the one let by corristo in the temple)or a diary (like the one in the sleeper's temple), I acted all those texts in my mind, gave them emotion and felt them. The hero reading the books to us is just silly. It could work if the writer would read them to you , (like the log in the risen webgame), but the hero reading them is just pontless.

Also, will Risen be harder or more accessible than G1? G1 had the perfect difficulty (except the skeletons that kept blocking every hit), notr was too exagerated in the beginning.
    Maladiq ist offline Geändert von Maladiq (15.07.2009 um 12:55 Uhr)

Knight
    @ Everything Maladiq said about reading books: I'd like to back that up. I really hated how the hero would read the books to me in G3. Surely it can't possibly be that hard to implement an option in the settings menu in which you either choose to read the books or to listen to the hero reading (or both at the same time). You already have the text, so it's basically just a copy-paste in the game's scripts. You only need to make a texture for the books' pages.
    paulcmnt ist offline

Apprentice
    Hi PB. It's great that developers answer questions, never seen anything like this before.

Many thanks if you answer my questions

1) Has the City AI, Path-Finding AI improved? Will the player be having more interactions with other NPCs? What about how NPCs live their lives?

2) I thought it was cool how in G2 you could sneak into main city near the farm(forgot what it was called at the moment), and meet up with Lester to get extra XP. Also I myself managed to sneak into the monestary.
    Alas in G3 this was impossible because just as you get in everyone in site wants to kill you, would there be a away to sneak into cities, maybe threw some underground route?

3) Will armor play a more important role as protection? It sucked to sell out money for armor in G3 only for you to still take damage from the beaks of birds :/

4) With combat training ACTUALLY be training this time? Or will it just be Spending learning points and hear your teacher say "Make sure you stand up straight" and suddenly your twice as good?

5) I like the idea of sharpening/poisoning weapons and all that. Will any of that be in Risen? What about making armor stronger in anyway?

And will armor all be in one piece or will be able to mix and match parts of armor?

Ah and one more simple question, will optimization be done well this time around? I have an amazing rig and it would suck if it couldn't play risen without shuttering and the like.
    KVCC ist offline Geändert von KVCC (17.07.2009 um 08:31 Uhr)

Veteran Avatar von cifre
    KVCC, for the last simple question I would try the answer to save the time of the guys: PB took this bug wiping and optimization as one of the most important part of their job; they've finished the game already from quite a time and they only check and optimize now.
    Lo there do I see my father,
    Lo there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers,
    Lo there do I see the line of my people - back to the beginning,
    Lo they do call to me,
    They bid me take my place among them
    In the halls of Valhalla,
    Where the brave may live... forever.
    cifre ist offline

Apprentice
    Zitat Zitat von cifre Beitrag anzeigen
    KVCC, for the last simple question I would try the answer to save the time of the guys: PB took this bug wiping and optimization as one of the most important part of their job; they've finished the game already from quite a time and they only check and optimize now.

Amazing! I can't wait to run it full settings, I know it supports dual core, I hope my i7 920 works well(it has with any other game, so it should)
    KVCC ist offline

Warrior Avatar von SacredGamer
    Wow...theres a lot of answers in this thread.
    One day I'm going to go through this thread and read every answer and question.
    SacredGamer ist offline

Demigod Avatar von Bastardo
    Is the game optimized for quad cores? And what about 64 bit systems? Will it just "work" or is there an actual advantage?
    Bastardo ist offline

General Avatar von Don Sanchez
    Zitat Zitat von iab Beitrag anzeigen
    Hm, did you ask your friend Marvin to help?

Whenever I've been fooling around or testing things in Marvin Mode in GII, I experienced NPCs to only use the basic fighting style.
    Don Sanchez ist offline

Thanks for your answers, Quy.

Are there books that we can place in inventary and read them then? For example, The Gift of Gods from G1.
    sonnedre ist offline

Knight
    Hm,this is more of a suggestion then questions, and i suppose it's more for Risen 2, as it's too late for R1. Anyway.

I was just watching teenage mutant ninja turtle cartoon, 2003 series, season 5(lost season). And the turtles had some sort of mystical teacher who would teach them some ninjitsu mambo-jambo. :P
    Anyway, i kinda liked the way they were learning that. They had to perform many difrent and intresting tasks; one was fighting against some sort of monsters, and other was more of a quests where they had to use their brains instead of bair strenght. And it made me think. In gothic, wether it was g1 or 3, when you wanted to learn skillz, like fighting, you just clicked a dialog option, and you already had cool fighting skillz.
    But i think it might be more intresting, if you could eve a sensei of some sort, a personal teacher for some specific fighting style, and to learn it, you would actually have to train it, and not jut clicking the dialog option. And while training, your 'sensei' would actually oberve you and comment on where you make mistakes. I think this would be good not only because learning how to fight would feel much more intresting, but it would also make a bond between character and the sensei, and we all know that PB games wall all about that, good NPCs relationships.
    It doesn't have to be too complicated, you can even add that as special fighting style, so that those other people who wants to rush game, can play their own, old way. And while you would be training, you would actually improved bit by bit each day. I think this part of the game in gothic was always left alone, and i think it could be improved a lot. This way you could develop intresting relatioship between you and sensei, similar like in g1 between you and Xardas.
    I especially think it would be good if sensei could actually comment your moves while you are training. And would make npcs much more life-like.

So, is there any possibility that somebody like this could be maybe implemented in Risen 2, if all goes well? Or do you think it wouldn't fit in the Risen gameplay style?
    Zocky ist offline

Rookie Avatar von Simitza
    Hello Quy!

Sorry if some questions are answered. Im new on the forum

1. Will there be as many Hunting skills as in Gothic 2?

2. And how is the Hunting going to be in Risen.

I realy liked hunting with a bow and taking pelts and Mandibles etc from
    animals in Gothic 2. But the problem was that there were no quests regarding to the hunter. so my third question is:

3. Are there any Hunter Missions?

4. are there Hunter's spread across the island who can teach me some things they only have the Knowledge to do?

5. will you be able to make arrowheads and arrows of the Teeth you extract from Wolf's and other animals?

Thank you for your time!

Forgot to say:PB Is the best Game Company!

/Simitza
    Simitza ist offline Geändert von Simitza (19.07.2009 um 15:11 Uhr)

Is Risen Class Based?

Will we ever see Xbox 360 Gameplay?

Can you join Guilds?

Do enemies scale to your level?

What about the achievements when will they be released and can you give us an example of a creative one?

How does the loot system work?

Whats the highest level you can level up to?

Do you earn Gold via quests?

Do NPC's have a daily routine?
    SacredGamer ist offline

Zitat Zitat von SacredGamer Beitrag anzeigen

1. Is Risen Class Based?

2. Will we ever see Xbox 360 Gameplay?

3. Can you join Guilds?

4. Do enemies scale to your level?

5. What about the achievements when will they be released and can you give us an example of a creative one?

6. How does the loot system work?

7. Whats the highest level you can level up to?

8. Do you earn Gold via quests?

9. Do NPC's have a daily routine?
    1. No. Skill system like in Gothic.
    3. Yes, of couse.
    4. No, it's not Oblivion.
    6. It's same as Gothic.
    8. I think - yes.
    9. It would not be Piranha game if routine was not in it.
    sonnedre ist offline

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Hello, sacredgamer. Most of your questions have already been answered either here or in the german thread (of course, it's not your fault that you cannot read the latter one). Allow me to save Quy some time and give you the answers.

Zitat Zitat von SacredGamer Beitrag anzeigen
    Is Risen Class Based?
    No. You will be able to learn everything in theory. The problem is that the best teachers are only availble in the specific guilds (i.e. if you want to master the staff fighting, you have to go to the Inquisition) and that there will be not enough experience points in the game to learn everything.

So, choosing a faction will open a certain skill path for you. You can still learn other skills but in some cases might not be able to reach master level in them.

Will we ever see Xbox 360 Gameplay?
    Erm... what do you expect to see? The game's content will be exactly the same. The only difference will be the controls and an ingame video will not show you what buttons the player pressed.

Can you join Guilds?
    The major factions are the Inquisition, the Mages and the Bandits. You can join any ONE of these guilds. No multiple guild memberships like in Oblivion, for example.

Based on your choice, the story will develop differently for you and you will gain access to certain trainers.

Do enemies scale to your level?
    No. It's not necessary anyway because the XP in the game is limited. There will be no infinite respawn which would theoretically allow a player to reach level 40 in the first chapter and then require the game to adapt to it. Monsters will only respawn at the beginning of a chapter.

What about the achievements when will they be released and can you give us an example of a creative one?
    Last thing we were told in the german forum was that we will have to wait some more for this info.

How does the loot system work?
    You kill an enemy. Every loot (chest contents and NPC inventory) will be placed by hand and NOT randomly generated. You have to hurry up to loot a corpse however because if you don't, some gnomes might show up, plunder the corpse themselves and then run away with your loot.

Whats the highest level you can level up to?
    Unknown to me. Maybe Quy can help out here but it is not that much of an information. Even I told you that the max level will be 56, you still would not know how powerful that would be.

Do you earn Gold via quests?
    Although I don't know for sure, I'll risk a wager and say: yes.

Do NPC's have a daily routine?
    Yes.

Feeling a bit masochistic and want to read more of my diatribes? Check out Foobar's Rantpage.

foobar erklärt die Welt der Informatik: Was ist ein Zeichensatz?Was ist die 32Bit-Grenze?Warum sind Speicheroptimierer Unsinn?Wie teste ich meinen RAM?Was ist HDR?Was ist Tesselation?Warum haben wir ein Urheberrecht?Partitionieren mit MBR oder GPT?Was hat es mit dem m.2-Format auf sich?Warum soll ich meine SSD nicht zum Anschlag befüllen?Wer hat an der MTU gedreht?UEFI oder BIOS Boot?Was muss man über Virenscanner wissen?Defragmentieren sinnvoll?Warum ist bei CCleaner & Co. Vorsicht angesagt?Was hat es mit 4Kn bei Festplatten auf sich?Was ist Bitrot?Was sind die historischen Hintergründe zur (nicht immer optimalen) Sicherheit von Windows?Wie kann ich Datenträger sicher löschen?Was muss ich bzgl. Smartphone-Sicherheit wissen?Warum sind Y-Kabel für USB oft keine gute Idee?Warum sind lange Passwörter besser als komplizierte?Wie funktionieren Tintenstrahldrucker-Düsen?Wie wähle ich eine Linux-Distribution für mich aus?Warum ist Linux sicherer als Windows?Sind statische Entladungen bei Elektronik wirklich ein Problem?Wie repariere ich meinen PC-Lüfter?Was ist die MBR-Lücke?Wie funktioniert eine Quarz-Uhr?Was macht der Init-Prozess unter Linux und wie schlimm ist SystemD?Mainboard-Batterie - wann wechseln?Smartphone ohne Google?
    foobar ist offline

Thanks for your time Foobar.
    I meant some footage of Xbox 360 Gameplay to see the UI and how it looks visually.
    SacredGamer ist offline

Dragonslayer Avatar von Omid-
    Will those too colourfull icons on the bottom and in the inventory stay that way or are you changing it too like.. less WoW.. less colourfull. Colour is not really kewl in a game like this, especially because of its dark atmosphere.
    Omid- ist offline

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Zitat Zitat von omidoow Beitrag anzeigen
    Will those too colourfull icons on the bottom and in the inventory stay that way or are you changing it too like.. less WoW.. less colourfull. Colour is not really kewl in a game like this, especially because of its dark atmosphere.
    That has been answered in the german thread, too. Although some icons might receive a little polishing, the icon design in general will not be changed anymore.

Keep in mind that you have to represent items in your inventory somehow. Personally, I liked the way G1 and G2 did it with tiny views of the real 3D models but PB told us that this caused many problems (some of which can still be experienced in the games).

So they had to draw icons. And they decided to integrate the inventory on the character screen so that you have everything on one single page and don't need to through several screens to find what you need (btw: I really hate that in TES4 or FO3 where you have 3 hierachical levels of screens). But that also means that the inventory cannot be too big and if you don't want too many pages in the inventory itself, the icons must be rather small.

Now, all these design decisions (each of which can be questioned, of course) lead to small inventory icons. And in that case, the colours are a suitable method to make icons distinguishable which could otherwise easily be confused.

Feeling a bit masochistic and want to read more of my diatribes? Check out Foobar's Rantpage.

foobar erklärt die Welt der Informatik: Was ist ein Zeichensatz?Was ist die 32Bit-Grenze?Warum sind Speicheroptimierer Unsinn?Wie teste ich meinen RAM?Was ist HDR?Was ist Tesselation?Warum haben wir ein Urheberrecht?Partitionieren mit MBR oder GPT?Was hat es mit dem m.2-Format auf sich?Warum soll ich meine SSD nicht zum Anschlag befüllen?Wer hat an der MTU gedreht?UEFI oder BIOS Boot?Was muss man über Virenscanner wissen?Defragmentieren sinnvoll?Warum ist bei CCleaner & Co. Vorsicht angesagt?Was hat es mit 4Kn bei Festplatten auf sich?Was ist Bitrot?Was sind die historischen Hintergründe zur (nicht immer optimalen) Sicherheit von Windows?Wie kann ich Datenträger sicher löschen?Was muss ich bzgl. Smartphone-Sicherheit wissen?Warum sind Y-Kabel für USB oft keine gute Idee?Warum sind lange Passwörter besser als komplizierte?Wie funktionieren Tintenstrahldrucker-Düsen?Wie wähle ich eine Linux-Distribution für mich aus?Warum ist Linux sicherer als Windows?Sind statische Entladungen bei Elektronik wirklich ein Problem?Wie repariere ich meinen PC-Lüfter?Was ist die MBR-Lücke?Wie funktioniert eine Quarz-Uhr?Was macht der Init-Prozess unter Linux und wie schlimm ist SystemD?Mainboard-Batterie - wann wechseln?Smartphone ohne Google?
    foobar ist offline

Seite 20 von 21 « Erste ... 913161718192021 Letzte »