Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 1 von 21 12345812 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 401
    Demigod Avatar von Rashnu
    Guarding Chinvat Bridge (As-Sirāt); a bridge finer than a hair and sharper than a sword.
    The "Bug-Me" Thread #7: Your Questions Answered by PBs
    Thread #7 is now open.

As Ralf put it in the first thread:
    Alright - I may not be able to answer your questions on a daily basis - but THIS is the place where you can ask them. The German half of the forum has it - so I think you should have it too!
    At this point I am not able to answer your questions about
    a) the story or content of the new game
    b) possible features
    c) patches for Gothic 3

Everything else is welcome. It may take a couple of days until you might receive an answer to your post - so please be patient, I have to do this in my breaks and spare time here at the studio.
    Previous threads:

Bug-Me Thread #1
    Bug-Me Thread #2
    Bug-Me Thread #3
    Bug-Me Thread #4
    Bug-Me Thread #5
    Bug-Me Thread #6

Ralf requests you to write your actual questions in a different colour for easier spotting among the flood of postings. I would recommend "lemon-chiffon", some sort of light yellow. It is more pleasant to the eye than red for longer texts when having the forum's default colour scheme as background.

As always: please be patient and polite. Now fire away your questions.

Addendum: This Q&A-Thread is a special gift to the community. Most readers expect to find here questions by the users and answers from the Piranhas, not idle chatter or off-topic remarks.

Try to stick on topic in this thread particularly - it is a rare gem to have the developer answer questions from the community on an almost daily basis. Cherish it while it lasts. The moderation reserves the right to move or delete postings which don't meet these objectives.
    [Bild: Rashnu340obenGIF.gif][Bild: nds_banner_156x60_rounded.jpg]
    [Bild: Rashnu340untenlinks.gif][Bild: Rashnu340untenrechts.gif][Bild: oaqmBDA_Nein_113x60.jpg]
    "Greeting to thee; well hast thou come; from that mortal world hast thou come to this pure, bright place."
    Rashnu ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq

What kind of camera will you use in the game?

Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    I have a feeling that it is to late for combat system suggestions but indeed, the point with the camera is good. Personally i find it very unpleasant the funny type of camera, like in GTA: San Andreas. I need a gamera that remains behind the player and a mouse to control the direction of the character and the camera at the same time. For me this kind of things ruin the gaming experience, and would make me think twice before buying or playing a game (why should i play something that frustrates me with the control?). At least make the kind of camera an option in the menu if you aren't decided. And I heard that you plan an alternativ moving system or something like that. Would be nice to alternate the camera if you decide to use complex platform elements like in Prince of Persia SoT, but bring it back behind the character after the platform elements have stopped.

Will Risen work on Mac software? I am intending to part my way with microsoft...

How good does the first Gothic sell nowdays? Or before you parted ways with JoWood, if that has anything to do with it.
    Just thought to gather my questions scattered throughout the last thread.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

Neuling
    Dear Ralf! Will we be able to resume the game after finishing the main quest?
    ArtemB1988 ist offline

Sword Master Avatar von Argenguy
    Ralf, I wonder if we will be able to trip the traps? Examples: by cutting the rope from a safe position, or throwing a weight to the trigger plate/stone (to not die like the hooded guy from the teaser trailer), or uncovering the false floor, etc.
    Argenguy ist offline

Rookie Avatar von Lewster
    Hi Ralf can you tel us how much will the players skill matter in the Risen fighting system ? ex: I felt a skilled Gothic player when I was able to defeet Sentenza or Bulko at a low level will that feeling be back(it was missing in G3 )
    Lewster ist offline

Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz
    Hey, Ralf. A few questions as always:
    1. Who's doing the monster sounds for Risen?
    2. Are the sounds sharper, more threatening like in Gothic 1 or Gothic 2?
    3. Who came up with the gnomes? And the Gyrgers? Had you any problems while drawing the models for them?
    Powaz ist offline

Knight Avatar von TheDoctor
    I will post my questions from the previous thread.

Ralf, would Piranha Bytes consider making smaller games in the future? Downloadable games flourish on the 360 Live Marketplace and PSN for PS3. I would personally be thrilled to see you making a game with less focus on graphics and specs - using simpler technology - and instead putting more focus in telling a good story, details and freedom (the three ground-pillars for your games, if you ask me) making a game that could be purchased digitally.

Another question - when talking about making other kind of games, do you think PB would evolve to become more than one development department? Imagine that in 2011, one team will be working on Risen II while another one is working for DLC Games or something else. Possible or unimaginable?

Edit: Seems Ralf only respond to orange text.
    TheDoctor ist offline Geändert von TheDoctor (28.01.2009 um 19:04 Uhr)

Ranger
    It was said somewhere that Risen will have multiply endings.
    will it be somewhat like gothic3 where the majority of the game has very little to do with the ending and the ending is decided somewhere in the end of the game?
    or will it be more like a crossroad leading to 2 paths somewhere in the beginning of the game and the choice you made change the end?

Basically I'm asking if the "crossroad" (the point in which the ending is decided) is somewhere in the beginning of the game or is it in the end (like in gothic3)?

aqwerty ist offline Geändert von aqwerty (27.01.2009 um 22:28 Uhr)

Rookie
    Hi Ralf!

1) Is there going to be a "Red Lantern 2.0" or something simillar in Risen?
    2) Do you plan to include some minigames (fistfight in pub etc)

Thanks!
    Kronner ist offline

Ex Artdirector & Concept Artist, PB
    What kind of camera will you use in the game?

Third Person perspective. For Dialogue scenes we have a nice automatic setup.

Zitat:
    Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    I have a feeling that it is to late for combat system suggestions but indeed, the point with the camera is good. Personally i find it very unpleasant the funny type of camera, like in GTA: San Andreas. I need a gamera that remains behind the player and a mouse to control the direction of the character and the camera at the same time. For me this kind of things ruin the gaming experience, and would make me think twice before buying or playing a game (why should i play something that frustrates me with the control?). At least make the kind of camera an option in the menu if you aren't decided. And I heard that you plan an alternativ moving system or something like that. Would be nice to alternate the camera if you decide to use complex platform elements like in Prince of Persia SoT, but bring it back behind the character after the platform elements have stopped.

Ideed- it´s too late for this. But as allways, I forwarded it to our gamedesigners.

Will Risen work on Mac software? I am intending to part my way with microsoft...

Nope- not to my knowledge. Sorry mate.

How good does the first Gothic sell nowdays? Or before you parted ways with JoWood, if that has anything to do with it.

Gothic 1 is one of those rare timeless sellers. Still in print and we are thinking about beefing the xtras up for the next edition. But nothing definete yet.

Zitat Zitat von ArtemB1988 Beitrag anzeigen
    Dear Ralf! Will we be able to resume the game after finishing the main quest?
    You can revisit the geame-yes. But I haven´t played it to the end yet- so I can not deliver a final yes or no.

Zitat Zitat von Argenguy Beitrag anzeigen
    Ralf, I wonder if we will be able to trip the traps? Examples: by cutting the rope from a safe position, or throwing a weight to the trigger plate/stone (to not die like the hooded guy from the teaser trailer), or uncovering the false floor, etc.
    There are ways around traps. Not as elaborate as throwing ropes- but yes.

Zitat Zitat von Powaz Beitrag anzeigen
    Hey, Ralf. A few questions as always:
    1. Who's doing the monster sounds for Risen?
    2. Are the sounds sharper, more threatening like in Gothic 1 or Gothic 2?
    3. Who came up with the gnomes? And the Gyrgers? Had you any problems while drawing the models for them?
    1) Kai Rosenkranz is doimg them. (with his nose! ;-) )
    2) Yes.
    3 All monsters are based on Mike Hoges Ideas and wishes. We GFX artists just give them form.

Zitat Zitat von Lewster Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi Ralf can you tel us how much will the players skill matter in the Risen fighting system ? ex: I felt a skilled Gothic player when I was able to defeet Sentenza or Bulko at a low level will that feeling be back(it was missing in G3 )
    Very much- you will really see it in the animation and effectivity of your movement if you are more experienced.
    Ralf Marczinczik
    Artdirector / Illustrator
    http://www.comixfactory.de
    Ralf ist offline

Ralf, first of all thanks for the answer, second we, the non-german speaking community, are seeing the pics at the uploaded version of the Gamestar article about Risen, they look great but disturbingly similar to Gothic 3 (but with clear enhancements), my questions are:
    1- Are you guys using the Gothic 3 engine (Genome engine)?
    2-If yes: Why or at least will you promise us that the game won't be a bug fest?
    3-If not: Is because it's your design style? They may resemble Gothic 3 in some parts but in fact you are using a brand new engine
    Argenguy ist offline

Dragonslayer Avatar von Danutz_plusplus
    Ralf, first of all thanks for the answer, second we, the non-german speaking community, are seeing the pics at the uploaded version of the Gamestar article about Risen, they look great but disturbingly similar to Gothic 3 (but with clear enhancements), my questions are:
    2-If yes: Why or at least will you promise us that the game won't be a bug fest?
    3-If not: Is because it's your design style? They may resemble Gothic 3 in some parts but in fact you are using a brand new engine
    They can't use the Genome Engine. It belongs to Jowood. But they can use the experience gained while developing the Genome Engine while building the new one.
    Danutz_plusplus ist offline

Adventurer
    Hi Ralf
    Only one question:
    No oblivion loading bars, right?
    Maelthra ist offline

Knight Commander
    This is more a request than a question.
    I'm nervous about the controls and since Risen is also developed for Xbox360 I'm afraid you might want to optimize it for joystick.I know that the port won't be done by PB but still there's a chance DS will want you to make it more console friendly.

So please give us the option to remap all keys
    (except vital like Enter,Esc,arrows)so that even if the controls are consolized we'll be able to change them(at least via .ini files)

Since there's no other thread for questions to Pixel I ask here.
    Will Risen be a "Game for Windows"?
    Kostaz ist offline

Zitat Zitat von Danutz_plusplus Beitrag anzeigen
    They can't use the Genome Engine. It belongs to Jowood. But they can use the experience gained while developing the Genome Engine while building the new one.
    Though I would liked to be answered by Ralf, I suppose that I can take this as an answer. Thanks.
    Besides, I have another question, I hope that Ralf will be able to aswer it someday.
    1-Will we be able to do sparring fights?
    Argenguy ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von Ralf
    Third Person perspective. For Dialogue scenes we have a nice automatic setup.
    I meant if it is the "funny: type of camera i talked about in the post (GTA SA) or the normal one (Gothic for exemple).
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

Knight Avatar von catalinux
    bravo for the preview pictures in GameStar!

Zitat Zitat von Ralf Beitrag anzeigen
    Gothic 1 is one of those rare timeless sellers. Still in print and we are thinking about beefing the xtras up for the next edition. But nothing definete yet.
    It would be nice an official Gothic 1 Addon... Imagine: "March 15, 2011 - 10 years of Gothic! With this special anniversary, for you, all the fans of Gothic, we bring you the Gothic 1 Addon!"
    Or... a new installer with widescreen option, and all available localizations!

Q: Ralf, is it possible to interact (talk) with the gnomes? Will we receive quests from the gnomes?
    catalinux ist offline

Dragonslayer Avatar von Danutz_plusplus
    I agree with Zocky. There's no way you can tell that much from those small images. And with regards to disproportionate bodies, I didn't see that in G3, and I don't see it in Risen. If they are disproportionate then I guess I don't care as I don't notice it. They look fine to me. PB did a good job at that.

Or maybe he's referring to disproportions where PB did it on purpose to emphasize certain things.

Question for PB: When can we expect to see the first ingame video footage? Preferably some hi-res footage.
    Danutz_plusplus ist offline Geändert von Danutz_plusplus (29.01.2009 um 18:27 Uhr)

Ex Artdirector & Concept Artist, PB
    1) Selfmade Engine.
    2) Since we seem to have enough time to get the bugs out- let´s hope we will find them all.
    3) PB Games have a certain style. Regardless, which Tech-Base is used. This is a concious decission, and I, as the AD have to keep an Eye out, so it doesn´t look too realistic.
    Only one question:
    No oblivion loading bars, right?[/QUOTE]

Zitat Zitat von Kostaz Beitrag anzeigen
    This is more a request than a question.
    I'm nervous about the controls and since Risen is also developed for Xbox360 I'm afraid you might want to optimize it for joystick.I know that the port won't be done by PB but still there's a chance DS will want you to make it more console friendly.

So please give us the option to remap all keys
    (except vital like Enter,Esc,arrows)so that even if the controls are consolized we'll be able to change them(at least via .ini files)
    Since there's no other thread for questions to Pixel I ask here.
    Will Risen be a "Game for Windows"?
    As far as I can see, the controls of the PC version are free to configure if you choose to do so. No need to change it for the X-Box version, since this needs a separate set of settings anyway.

Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    I meant if it is the "funny: type of camera i talked about in the post (GTA SA) or the normal one (Gothic for exemple).
    Sorry- I don´t have the time to follow all threads here. But the answer then might be a "normal one".

Zitat Zitat von catalinux Beitrag anzeigen
    bravo for the preview pictures in GameStar!

It would be nice an official Gothic 1 Addon... Imagine: "March 15, 2011 - 10 years of Gothic! With this special anniversary, for you, all the fans of Gothic, we bring you the Gothic 1 Addon!"
    Or... a new installer with widescreen option, and all available localizations!

Q: Ralf, is it possible to interact (talk) with the gnomes? Will we receive quests from the gnomes?
    Yes- you can interact.

Zitat Zitat von Demonium Beitrag anzeigen
    Ralf

From the screenshots i saw, Risen looks like an expansion of G3. Looks like you remade the same engine of G3 with an improved lighting, used the same textures of Gothic 3 but reworked a bit, some meshes of G3 NPC models and buildings. Not to mention that trees look the same with Gothic 3...I dont think that you even used some newer version of Speedtree.

I loved the graphics of Gothic 3, so this isnt a negative comment from my part.

But what i wanted to say about the human NPCs...
    I dont want to play the "smartass 3d modeler", but from the screenshot i saw a guy fighting an ashbeast, i must say the NPCs are badly made and are very similar to Gothic 3...in other words they look fake again. (modeling part not textures)

Thats a weak spot of your games. I can see again that your NPCs look fake.
    Few details (just look at the hands and fingers of your human models and compare it with other games.) And unnatural body analogies. The head is too small comparing to the body...Comparing the human NPCs of Far Cry 2 or the human NPCs of Grand Theft Auto 4 were the poly count is similar to yours, you will see what i mean...

In the end i noticed that the NPC fights the asbeast using the spear as a 2 handed sword.
    i hope that it was an early stage of fighting animation...
    I hope we will see normal spear fighting animations this time.

Thats all i have to say for now...But i am really impressed from the work you have done till now. I am sure it will be a cool game.
    Well, the caharcters, like the monsters allways had a styliezed look to them. Some of it depends on the taste of our Gamedesigners and GFX artists.
    Some of the stuff you saw on the shots released so far, is subject to change still- so we still adjust stuff like holding swords, shaders of the heads, etc.
    Thanks for the kind words anyway!
    Ralf Marczinczik
    Artdirector / Illustrator
    http://www.comixfactory.de
    Ralf ist offline

Knight Avatar von TheDoctor
    Ralf, would Piranha Bytes consider making smaller games in the future? Downloadable games flourish on the 360 Live Marketplace and PSN for PS3. I would personally be thrilled to see you making a game with less focus on graphics and specs - using simpler technology - and instead putting more focus in telling a good story, details and freedom (the three ground-pillars for your games, if you ask me) making a game that could be purchased digitally.

Another question - when talking about making other kind of games, do you think PB would evolve to become more than one development department? Imagine that in 2011, one team will be working on Risen II while another one is working for DLC Games or something else. Possible or unimaginable?
    TheDoctor ist offline

Seite 1 von 21 12345812 ... Letzte »