Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 5 von 21 « Erste 1234567891216 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 81 bis 100 von 402
    Ranger
    Zitat Zitat von Zocky Beitrag anzeigen
    oh not the realism again guys. As foobar said, every person has difrent 'definition' of what should realism be.
    Some may find it extremly unrealistic that you kill people with fire that comes from your hand (fireball) and doesn't burn you at all. The same person might find it unrealistic that you just transform, just like that, into some monster. Not realistic at all.
    Another guy find it unrealistic that battle can take so long, as usually battle was rether fast. Also, he could find really unrealistic that the guy swings at your neck, so your head should be chopped off, yet you are barelly damaged.

So this all depends on what person sees as 'realistic', so i find it somewhat illogical to constantly talk about this realism or feeling of realism.

And why illogical? If you can cast fireball without burning hands, this is then logical too. So at the end, you are just so strong, that you actually can use 2h sword with one hand. What is so realistic about not burning hand by fireball, which you cast from your body and basiclly holds it in the hands, and so unrealistic about being so strong that you can lift 2h in 1h? Both can be really illogical or very logical, depends how you see it.
    Don't throw that card. It is unrealistic, as it makes the sword fighting system unrealistic, and more "arcade".

And very non-logical, because then it makes 1h's useless (the speed advantage would certainly not outweigh the damage advantage, unless PB makes some serious changes compared to their system in their previous games).
    Kirov Class ist offline

Apprentice
    Zitat Zitat von Dykunas Beitrag anzeigen
    "for our hero it could be around 100km2" is not a precise measurement.
    i wanted to say, that if you entered the game, the world could be that size for You.I hope you understand me now if it weren't for my english I would say everything more precisely
    Gaminator ist offline

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    The Piranhas said that the approximate play time of RISEN will be about 50 hours. You can spend more time in the game if you want
    I might add that an unexpericenced gamer will probably take longer as well. Our own estimates tend to be biased since all of us are longtime gamers.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

Apprentice
    Zitat Zitat von Michael Rüve Beitrag anzeigen
    unexpericenced gamer
    I hope there won't be such typos in the final game!!
    zarrkoff ist offline

banned
    I would like to know, whether the end or the turning point in the game might be rather unexpected or not.

Greetings
    Niklaus Zettel ist offline

Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz
    Zitat Zitat von Niklaus Zettel Beitrag anzeigen
    I would like to know, whether the end or the turning point in the game might be rather unexpected or not.

Greetings
    Welcome to World of Risen

Believe me you don't want to know it, if you knew then you would expect it.
    Powaz ist offline

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von zarrkoff Beitrag anzeigen
    I hope there won't be such typos in the final game!!
    Rest assured - there WILL be. Next to impossible to find each and any typo in 200.000+ words.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

Rest assured - there WILL be. Next to impossible to find each and any typo in 200.000+ words.
    Nothing beats a honest answer.
    Powaz ist offline

Ehrengarde Avatar von Katsche
    Who cares when everything is composed...
    Alles wird gut.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Lange Tage und angenehme Nächte!" - Roland von Gilead
    Katsche ist offline

Ranger Avatar von Dykunas
    Wow, that's pretty neat, at least by todays standarts for a game of this scope (Planescape Torment had 800k, but of course only a few of those were voiced).
    Dykunas ist offline

Knight Avatar von vivaxardas
    Impressive. Somewhat between 650-700 pages, standard 12 pt font, with 1 inch margins.
    SKEPTICISM IS A VIRTUE!

Лидия: Любимый, я беременна!
    Я: ФУС-РО-ДА!!!!
    vivaxardas ist offline

banned
    Zitat Zitat von Powaz Beitrag anzeigen
    Welcome to World of Risen

Believe me you don't want to know it, if you knew then you would expect it.
    You've got a point, dude.
    Niklaus Zettel ist offline Geändert von Niklaus Zettel (09.07.2009 um 19:12 Uhr)

Over at the german boards I was reading about that
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    sea snake
    so it's possible to swim afterall or what?
    Powaz ist offline Geändert von Powaz (14.07.2009 um 09:53 Uhr)

Veteran Avatar von cifre
    Don't know nothing about it but, if I hear about a sea snake, I don't necessarily think about going into watter to meet him You can encounter them on the beeches?
    Lo there do I see my father,
    Lo there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers,
    Lo there do I see the line of my people - back to the beginning,
    Lo they do call to me,
    They bid me take my place among them
    In the halls of Valhalla,
    Where the brave may live... forever.
    cifre ist offline

Knight Avatar von catalinux
    No respawn? After first chapter, the entire world will be empty, except for humans, and monsters from "locked" areas. Maybe in the future games you'll reconsider this feature.
    catalinux ist offline

Knight
    Zitat Zitat von catalinux Beitrag anzeigen
    No respawn? After first chapter, the entire world will be empty, except for humans, and monsters from "locked" areas. Maybe in the future games you'll reconsider this feature.
    Wasn't the case with Gothic 1, 2, or 2x, so why should it be the case with Risen? I doubt all the monsters will be easy to beat from the 1st chapter so you can be almost sure that you won't be able to leave the world empty.
    paulcmnt ist offline Geändert von paulcmnt (16.07.2009 um 22:50 Uhr)

Knight Avatar von RobinHood 13.
    Zitat Zitat von catalinux Beitrag anzeigen
    No respawns, but as he said, new creatures will appear between chapters in old places.
    We had the same system in G1 and G2, and I think that worked out quite well.
    Besides the game will probably be designed in a way that you have to avoid many enemies because they're to strong, and then fight them later on.
    You can't have played G1 and G2 if you claim the world will be empty after first chapter.

I hope we will see something like the seekers, guarding roads, only they were easy to spot far away, and you had to stand right beside most of them before they attacked (after speaking).
    I liked the speaking part, but they should see you from quite long distances, run up to you, talk some lines and then attack.
    RobinHood 13. ist offline Geändert von RobinHood 13. (15.07.2009 um 21:02 Uhr)

Knight Avatar von catalinux
    Zitat Zitat von RobinHood 13. Beitrag anzeigen
    You can't have played G1 and G2 if you claim the world will be empty after first chapter.
    I used to clear the entire world before entering the 2nd chapter. Sometimes it was damn hard (not impossible), but is was also rewarding if you think at experience and learning points.

I was thinking at a more "natural" respawn, like periodically new animals being born?
    catalinux ist offline

Veteran Avatar von cifre
    natural becomes unnatural when come to think that in a couple of days you have a gestation period, birth and growing up.. I would chose to stick to the same solution as in G1 and 2, after the chapter you have less but new monsters. If I recall correctly, they stack if you don't kill them each chapter. This way you can keep under control the gaining of XP to the player, which imo is very important in a RPG as Risen.
    Lo there do I see my father,
    Lo there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers,
    Lo there do I see the line of my people - back to the beginning,
    Lo they do call to me,
    They bid me take my place among them
    In the halls of Valhalla,
    Where the brave may live... forever.
    cifre ist offline

United Moderator  Avatar von sonnedre
    Perhaps, someone has already saw new interview with Bjorn in PC Games site.

And there is also NEW pieces of Risen soundtrack. It can be download on PC Games site.

Music is just amazing. Remind me motives from Jarkendar and G1 too. I can feel athmosphere right now, even without game itself.
    sonnedre ist offline

Seite 5 von 21 « Erste 1234567891216 ... Letzte »