Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 4 von 21 « Erste 123456781115 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 61 bis 80 von 402
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz
    Zitat Zitat von RobinHood 13. Beitrag anzeigen
    We will still have 2 separate melee combat systems (apart from fist fight). Staffs and swords.
    We also have the Axe fighting.
    Powaz ist offline

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    Yes, but the ones in risen are ridiculously large
    Longer than the 1,50 - 1,75 metres they had in reality? Can you gimme a screenshot of those?

Feeling a bit masochistic and want to read more of my diatribes? Check out Foobar's Rantpage.

foobar erklärt die Welt der Informatik: Was ist ein Zeichensatz?Was ist die 32Bit-Grenze?Warum sind Speicheroptimierer Unsinn?Wie teste ich meinen RAM?Was ist HDR?Was ist Tesselation?Warum haben wir ein Urheberrecht?Partitionieren mit MBR oder GPT?Was hat es mit dem m.2-Format auf sich?Warum soll ich meine SSD nicht zum Anschlag befüllen?Wer hat an der MTU gedreht?UEFI oder BIOS Boot?Was muss man über Virenscanner wissen?Defragmentieren sinnvoll?Warum ist bei CCleaner & Co. Vorsicht angesagt?Was hat es mit 4Kn bei Festplatten auf sich?Was ist Bitrot?Was sind die historischen Hintergründe zur (nicht immer optimalen) Sicherheit von Windows?Wie kann ich Datenträger sicher löschen?Was muss ich bzgl. Smartphone-Sicherheit wissen?Warum sind Y-Kabel für USB oft keine gute Idee?Warum sind lange Passwörter besser als komplizierte?Wie funktionieren Tintenstrahldrucker-Düsen?Wie wähle ich eine Linux-Distribution für mich aus?Warum ist Linux sicherer als Windows?Sind statische Entladungen bei Elektronik wirklich ein Problem?Wie repariere ich meinen PC-Lüfter?Was ist die MBR-Lücke?Wie funktioniert eine Quarz-Uhr?Was macht der Init-Prozess unter Linux und wie schlimm ist SystemD?Mainboard-Batterie - wann wechseln?Smartphone ohne Google?
    foobar ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    Longer than the 1,50 - 1,75 metres they had in reality? Can you gimme a screenshot of those?
    Here, at 1:00.
    Maladiq ist offline

Ranger Avatar von Dykunas
    It's not that very realistic but: fun > balance > realism. It may be fun so who cares? Magic is also not realistic.
    Verisimilitude + Balance + solid system mechanics = Fun

I'm really starting to dislike this - "if it's fun who cares" attitude that's being thrown around pretty often these days. The material that this "Fun" is made of varies from game to game, from genre to genre. For me (and i suspect for quite alot of Gothic fans) the type of fun in a Gothic type of game is composed majorly of atmosphere and the setting, which means it is very important that it has to be consistent and things placed into this type of game have to be believable within the setting. The settings of PB's games are more down to earth, still fantasy, but none of that high-fantasy stuff. So i feel that emphasis must firstly be placed on the fundamental aspects of the game and should not be compromised by fun features that don't connect too well with the type of game they are being placed in.

Didn't want to sound like a drama queen, but i feel that this term "Fun" is being used the wrong way these days.
    Dykunas ist offline

Here, at 1:00.
    Hm. It's about the size of the hero, so 1.75 to 1.80 metres. A little bit over the real maximum. But some people want big swords in their games. Compensation, maybe?

The animation is more of a problem. Weapons of that size were not used in this way, as I understand it (though I'm no expert on medieval weaponry).

Zitat Zitat von Dykunas Beitrag anzeigen
    Verisimilitude + Balance + solid system mechanics = Fun
    I don't want to play a simulation. A little bit fantasy here and there spices things up. Of course, you shouldn't overuse it. But there are much worse things that no one complains about (for good reason). For example, it is also not very plausible that a hero who knows absolutely nothing comes along and masters the sword combat or archery within weeks. Anyone who really teaches this stuff could tell you that it takes years to learn it. It's also not plausible that you hit a half-naked novice from the swamp camp with a battle axe and he stands up without a scratch a few seconds later. Or that you go to bed when you're heavily injured and wake up fully healed the other morning. Or, or, or.

Where's the problem with holding a 1.6m long, 2.5kg heavy piece of steel in just one hand compared to that?

Sometimes you just have to accept that there some unrealistic elements to enhance the gaming experience of the majority. Even if you may feel different. It's not that I really want that 2H-in-1H thingie. But I can live with it. Maybe it will be interesting. I won't condemn this element before I played the demo.

Anytime I feel that RISEN is too mainstream, too consolised, too casual gamer addressed, I just take a look at Arcania and *whoosh*, I'm cured.

Feeling a bit masochistic and want to read more of my diatribes? Check out Foobar's Rantpage.

foobar erklärt die Welt der Informatik: Was ist ein Zeichensatz?Was ist die 32Bit-Grenze?Warum sind Speicheroptimierer Unsinn?Wie teste ich meinen RAM?Was ist HDR?Was ist Tesselation?Warum haben wir ein Urheberrecht?Partitionieren mit MBR oder GPT?Was hat es mit dem m.2-Format auf sich?Warum soll ich meine SSD nicht zum Anschlag befüllen?Wer hat an der MTU gedreht?UEFI oder BIOS Boot?Was muss man über Virenscanner wissen?Defragmentieren sinnvoll?Warum ist bei CCleaner & Co. Vorsicht angesagt?Was hat es mit 4Kn bei Festplatten auf sich?Was ist Bitrot?Was sind die historischen Hintergründe zur (nicht immer optimalen) Sicherheit von Windows?Wie kann ich Datenträger sicher löschen?Was muss ich bzgl. Smartphone-Sicherheit wissen?Warum sind Y-Kabel für USB oft keine gute Idee?Warum sind lange Passwörter besser als komplizierte?Wie funktionieren Tintenstrahldrucker-Düsen?Wie wähle ich eine Linux-Distribution für mich aus?Warum ist Linux sicherer als Windows?Sind statische Entladungen bei Elektronik wirklich ein Problem?Wie repariere ich meinen PC-Lüfter?Was ist die MBR-Lücke?Wie funktioniert eine Quarz-Uhr?Was macht der Init-Prozess unter Linux und wie schlimm ist SystemD?Mainboard-Batterie - wann wechseln?Smartphone ohne Google?
    foobar ist offline

Knight Avatar von RobinHood 13.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zweih%C3%A4nder
    Ranging 1.50-1.80 metres, but Pier Gerlofs Donia had a Zweihander at 2.13 metres.

Another quite long sword is the Scottish claymore with an average lenght of 1.40 metres (that means it could be longer).
    [Bild: 2605631000012702892enCfUx_ph.jpg]

If we could wear swords like that, it would just be silly when we get to wear em with 1 hand.
    Don't make any of the long two handers, and I don't see a problem.
    RobinHood 13. ist offline Geändert von RobinHood 13. (29.06.2009 um 21:38 Uhr)

I don't want to play a simulation.
    I think you misunderstood me. Verisimilitude is believability, not realism. The setting sets a precedent that has to be taken into consideration when incorporating new aspects into it. They have to be believable when compared to the setting, not the real world. If you mindlessly put anything in it that comes to your mind, you will get an inconsistent setting (bethesda is particularly good at achieving chaotic inconsistent games).

But there are much worse things that no one complains about
    Yeah, but those things are taken for granted when talking about games, since you have "certain" limitations.
    Dykunas ist offline Geändert von Dykunas (29.06.2009 um 21:49 Uhr)

Deus Avatar von Maladiq

The animation is more of a problem. Weapons of that size were not used in this way, as I understand it (though I'm no expert on medieval weaponry).
    That was the problem i was talking about I like long, very long swords, but the way one weilds them in the game (1 hand) is just ridiculous.
    Maladiq ist offline

I think you misunderstood me. Verisimilitude is believability, not realism.
    No, I got you. It's just that everyone seems to have different limits to what he can believe. If I can believe that a good night of sleep can cure even injuries close to death, holding a 2H swords with one hand won't make me scratch my head. But that's just me.

foobar ist offline

Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz
    Risen is rated M? Good.
    Powaz ist offline

Ranger
    The 1h = 2h in the end thing is pretty bad, unrealistic and not logical at all. Sorry to say it.
    Kirov Class ist offline

Knight
    oh not the realism again guys. As foobar said, every person has difrent 'definition' of what should realism be.
    Some may find it extremly unrealistic that you kill people with fire that comes from your hand (fireball) and doesn't burn you at all. The same person might find it unrealistic that you just transform, just like that, into some monster. Not realistic at all.
    Another guy find it unrealistic that battle can take so long, as usually battle was rether fast. Also, he could find really unrealistic that the guy swings at your neck, so your head should be chopped off, yet you are barelly damaged.

So this all depends on what person sees as 'realistic', so i find it somewhat illogical to constantly talk about this realism or feeling of realism.

And why illogical? If you can cast fireball without burning hands, this is then logical too. So at the end, you are just so strong, that you actually can use 2h sword with one hand. What is so realistic about not burning hand by fireball, which you cast from your body and basiclly holds it in the hands, and so unrealistic about being so strong that you can lift 2h in 1h? Both can be really illogical or very logical, depends how you see it.
    Zocky ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von Zocky Beitrag anzeigen
    oh not the realism again guys. As foobar said, every person has difrent 'definition' of what should realism be.
    Some may find it extremly unrealistic that you kill people with fire that comes from your hand (fireball) and doesn't burn you at all. The same person might find it unrealistic that you just transform, just like that, into some monster. Not realistic at all.
    Another guy find it unrealistic that battle can take so long, as usually battle was rether fast. Also, he could find really unrealistic that the guy swings at your neck, so your head should be chopped off, yet you are barelly damaged.

So this all depends on what person sees as 'realistic', so i find it somewhat illogical to constantly talk about this realism or feeling of realism.

And why illogical? If you can cast fireball without burning hands, this is then logical too. So at the end, you are just so strong, that you actually can use 2h sword with one hand. What is so realistic about not burning hand by fireball, which you cast from your body and basiclly holds it in the hands, and so unrealistic about being so strong that you can lift 2h in 1h? Both can be really illogical or very logical, depends how you see it.
    A fire ball is a pure fantasy element. Swinging a 2 meter (i am exagerating) sword with one hand condtradicts the real element of sword fighting (physics more exactly).
    Maladiq ist offline

Knight Avatar von vivaxardas
    A fire ball is a pure fantasy element. Swinging a 2 meter (i am exagerating) sword with one hand condtradicts the real element of sword fighting (physics more exactly).
    It is not much of exageration. Two-handers had length of 160-180 cm, and some rare exemplares were even larger. Also they weight up to 4 kg (some swords nearly 5 kg). I would claim that it is impossible to fight with 175 cm sword in one hand.
    SKEPTICISM IS A VIRTUE!

Лидия: Любимый, я беременна!
    Я: ФУС-РО-ДА!!!!
    vivaxardas ist offline

banned
    Is the hero or better call him wentworth miller going to change?
    jimokalos ist offline

Zitat Zitat von Gaminator Beitrag anzeigen
    So I've got a question. I've once asked about the size of the island. I don't remember the answet but it was something like the whole world of gothic 2 with add-onn.
    A polish journalist from PLAY magazine played Risen in Paris and said that the Faranga Island will have about 100 km2. So my question is: tell me approximately how big was the world in gothic 3 and gothic 2

It will help me to estimate the real size of the world
    That journalist probably didn't know what he was talking about...

If i'm not mistaken, Gothic 3 is about 12 km2 and Risen is supposed to be quite a bit smaller than that.
    Dykunas ist offline Geändert von Dykunas (04.07.2009 um 11:28 Uhr)

So my question is: tell me approximately how big was the world in gothic 3 and gothic 2
    What good is any value you might get? An area of 100 km² can be as flat as a soccer field and just as boring. And area of 10 km² can have, carefully constructed, the same surface and give you hours of fun. So first of all, you have to distinguish between the measurements of the world and the size of the surface with its height profile). But the latter one can be hard to find to find out.

And second, it's not the size that matters, it's how you fill the world with quests that do more than just shoo you from one end of the world to the other and stories that catch your breath.

The Piranhas said that the approximate play time of RISEN will be about 50 hours. You can spend more time in the game if you want and you can make a speed run to finish it much faster, but this is a good estimate. I think it's a much better answer then anything measured in metres or feet.

foobar ist offline

Apprentice
    That journalist probably didn't know what he was talking about...

If i'm not mistaken, Gothic 3 is about 12 km2 and Risen is supposed to be quite a bit smaller than that.
    Maybe you're right. but for our hero it could be around 100km2. Thah journalist said that journey from one corner to another will take 20 minutes(if we're not stopping). 20 minutes run takes us around 6 km. let's say faranga is a square with 6 kilometres border. that gives us 36 km so no one knows good answer :P
    Gaminator ist offline

Apprentice
    The Piranhas said that the approximate play time of RISEN will be about 50 hours. You can spend more time in the game if you want and you can make a speed run to finish it much faster, but this is a good estimate. I think it's a much better answer then anything measured in metres or feet.
    I think I've been waiting for such answer I wanted to know the size of the world because one thing that put me off from gothic 3 was the size of the world. There weren't many interesting things to do(except for the exploring) so I'm looking hopefully to Risen and it's many opportunities(Like nico Bellic in Liberty City )
    Gaminator ist offline

Maybe you're right. but for our hero it could be around 100km2. Thah journalist said that journey from one corner to another will take 20 minutes(if we're not stopping). 20 minutes run takes us around 6 km. let's say faranga is a square with 6 kilometres border. that gives us 36 km so no one knows good answer :P
    "for our hero it could be around 100km2" is not a precise measurement.
    Dykunas ist offline

Seite 4 von 21 « Erste 123456781115 ... Letzte »